Friday, May 14, 2010

Sleeping with The King

Last weekend I went to Memphis with my mom, two sisters, and my fifteen year old niece. It was the first time we had gone on a girls only trip, and it was a blast. We giggled non-stop and I have so many fun memories and inside jokes from that trip. I wish I could take a trip like that every weekend. We vowed to do it once a year, so I suppose that will have to suffice.

*Sigh*.....

Our first day in Memphis we went to Graceland. And all I can say about it is, AWESOME! I knew I would enjoy Graceland but I didn't know that I would love it as much as I did! We had a great time! Besides the house Graceland has a number of exhibits for you to peruse. At the end of each exhibit there is a gift shop.

Shocking. I know.

While we're out my mom mentions that she wants one of those huge sleep shirts with The King's face on it.

Sexy.

Classy.

My niece and I decide to separate from the pack to buy the sleep shirt for my mom as a Mother's Day gift. After going through gift shop after gift shop in search of huge sleep shirt with King, we finally find the perfect one.

It's black.

She wants pink.

FML.

So I ask my sweet (allegedly) niece to take the shirt and ask the cashier if they have it in pink. She looks at me horrified, "I'm not asking them THAT," she says, "They will think it's for ME!"

Kids.

They have no respect.

So I beg my niece to ask the lady, because God knows I don't want her thinking the sleep shirt is for ME.

Niece won't budge.

*Sigh*

So....I hold up huge sleep shirt with King and say to the cashier, "Do you have this in pink?" Three other customers immediately turn their heads and look at me holding huge sleep shirt with King. "It's not for me..." I stammer....

Suuuuuure....

Turns out they did have it in pink.

But I didn't like it.

So I bought the one in black.

My mom loved it.

Humiliating yourself for absolutely no reason rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment